Emulsion paint finish on newly plastered walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had all of my walls skimmed, on painting them i checked out this forum and the general advice seemed to be to use cheap or watered emulsion as the base coat.
I was really pleased as i applied further coats, with the finish, but as i have applied the top coat (colour) i cannot get a good finish, you can always see where the roller has been. I am using a decent roller and Dulux paint, any advice anyone ?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
sorry STE6085 - not advice but an extension question.....

I had a similar problem and was told I would have to sand the paint back and then repaint. I've started - and although the roller marks have gone I can still see some stippling but I can also see sanding lines arghh

- my question is how smooth does it need to be - if I wash down now and use a roller again will I get a neat finish i.e. no roller marks (I know I'll have the stippling but hopefully fairly smooth and not looking like artex!) -

If I continue sanding will I get rid of all the sanding lines?

I'd appreciate quick advice - I've got a floor being laid on Monday and have till then to get the walls looking good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back