Emulsion paint remover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 14 inch stone walls. In the summer we repainted them with regular emulsion from a large well known DIY store which makes up their own paint. I now have patches of damp and I mean patches. After much consideration and deliberation we have come to the conclusion that it is condensation resting on the new paint that is not allowing the wall to breathe. The wall is painted stone and curiously the feature wall painted purple does not have any damp hence our suspicion it is condensation and not a pointing issue outside. ( We assume the different coloured paints contain different chemicals) Also the wall appears dryer behind pictures that have insulated the wall! Condensation?

My thought is to remove the problem paint but with what? Paint stripper? If so which one. I don't want to make the problem worse by putting more chemicals on the plaster work. The house is listed but has a modern conversion/rebuild inside. We didn't have any problem before repainting this summer.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back