Emulsion Spray Systems?

B

BusMadDave

Has anypne here tried/bought/used either the Dulux or Earlex emulsion sprayers for DIY/home projects? Are they any good? Worth the investment?

I have a large through lounge and it takes ages to paint even with a roller, so was seriously looking at these sprayers. I have seen the industrial version being used and they eat painting for brekfast, they are very quick. Not sure if the home versions will work as well and I am particularly interested to hear about the clean up afterwards, as they are advertised as 'qucik and easy' to wash through, but if it takes an age you might as well not bother!

Any experiences welcome!

Sponsored Links
No-one? :confused:

I thought from the advertising they are really pushing these as the next 'big thing' so suprised if no-ones had a go yet.......?

Hi Dave,

In the ten years plus i've been in the game i've yet to come across a better system for domestic work than a brush and roller. Large jobs i can comfortably roll 30 litres of paint in a day.

If its taking you a long time consider a bigger sleeve. The fastest way to roll is using a pole so consider moving furniture to give yourself enough room.

I often tune into the shopping channel on a sunday morning to have a good old giggle at their decorating products, they push hard with crappy sprayers and pad systems that look to a trained eye terrible. The DIY spray systems don't release the paint cleanly and splatter the walls leaving a bad finish, with the over spray on top and all the extra masking its just not worth it.

I've considered spraying but sumised that it only really has a use in industrial and new build projects and if that was my line of work i'd go for professional HVLP. It may be that in the future the technology comes available to make spraying practical in domestic use. I've worked for a company that sprayed all the doors and trim and the amount of extra work involved in rubbing down overspray as well as all the masking was very time consuming. The other thing i'd say especially with oil based paints on doors etc is it leaves a very thin coating and wears very quickly.

Also back on to water based emulsions etc i see these guys demoing with no PPE. When spraying you will breath in airborne particles of paint which then solidify in the lungs.

Hi Dave
I think dcdec is wrong here
We have supplied airless sprays to painting and decorators for donkeys years now and they do a great job.
You do get what you pay for, so I understand that part of his reply.
You may, or may not, be interested to see some of the items we have to offer and, along with some videos, you will see it at yss.co.uk. Semi pro/diy page.
They have reduced in price considerably over recent years, but the ability has been maintained so the DIYer gets to use what the Pro used to use!
Anyway, it is all down to the individual taste.
Cheers
Ian

Sponsored Links
the £1800 will spray without the need to thin. It is an airless sprayer. The finish is very smooth.

The earlex is HVLP and the paint has too be thinned too much- almost to the point of making it fail.

I have a £500 Fuji HVLP and to be honest it is crap for spraying water based paints, great for acid cat and oil based however.

If you can't afford £1800 then stick to rollers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back