Enabling javascript in IE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I periodically download sample tutorials. After removing a ZIP utility I tried for a while, I can still unzip them but can't "run" the .html file now.

"The Camtasia Studio video content presented here requires JavaScript to be enabled and the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. If you are you using a browser with JavaScript disabled please enable it now. Otherwise, please update your version of the free Flash Player by downloading here. "

I downloaded the player, but same message. Where is Javascript en/disabled in IE? I looked in tools/options but couldn't see it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, fresh download , same result.
files downloaded before i changed the unzipper work ok.
The Unzipper I was using was Winzip, which I stopped usiing because it gets slow if you don't pay for it! I removed it using Control Panel.
Some other unzipper miust be working now, cos the same-looking bunch of files gets produced as before. One of them's an html file which I assume linked to the flash file. Before i just clicked it and the flash "lesson" played, now I get the message above. :cry:

Try this....

Explorer 4.x

* Go to "View | Internet Options..." from the main menu
* Change to the "Security" tab
* Select "Custom" and click on the "Settings..." button
* To enable: make sure "Enable" is selected under "Active scripting"
To disable: make sure "Disable" is selected under "Active scripting"
* Restart the browser

Sponsored Links
Thanks, that was the one I thought existed but couldn't find. But :cry: everything is enabled, pretty much. No restricted sites.. Grrrr.

IE6, by the way.

No solution yet. Also have a Topps Tiles instruction disc which plays on laptop but not on this computer. It gets as far as the intro but when the video should start , whether Windows Media Player or some other viewer, all I get is a black subscreen within the frame.
Online mpegs etc play OK.

Any ideas?

wrong player

I dont know what happened but i couldnt watch a particular dietcoke and mentos clip I could watch the new one but not the old, so i re downloaded quick time, i can watch it agin. point is clip was made for quick time, not media player.
perhaps you have the same problem

That ran - asked if I wanted to use Quicktime as standard for this and that , all ok. Two tonnes of Mentos and CO2 plant on order.

May be due to a DLL error - have made new post.....

Sponsored Links
Back