Enclosed Porch Ceiling...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just built a small enclosed porch approximately 1.5 x 2.5m with cavity walls and a pitched roof. The roof is felt/batten/tiles, and the ceiling inside is not yet boarded so I still have complete access to the underside for any extra work. However, once it’s covered that’ll be it!

Does anyone have any advice on what I’ll need to do regarding the ceiling inside; ie insulation, ventilation, materials, etc.?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Foil backed plasterboard and skim ceiling but you should have thought about insulation and ventilation in the roof design before you got to this stage .

I don't know why you would want to insulate a porch ceiling, especially if its unheated, and has no floor or wall insulation either.

Just board and skim it. Don't worry about ventilation of the roof void, as its a non issue.

Ensure you have ventilation in the actual porch

That is the reason I asked - the porch walls and floors are insulated (I should have put that in the first post really). The porch is an extension/projection outside of the original hallway, so does have heating in it too. The house is south facing and gets very hot some days, freezing on others.

Sponsored Links
Thread hijack alert, but does that mean that for my (attached, unheated) garage, I can also just board the ceiling with normal plasterboard, include eaves vents and not need to worry about insulating anything?

Thread hijack alert, but does that mean that for my (attached, unheated) garage, I can also just board the ceiling with normal plasterboard, include eaves vents and not need to worry about insulating anything?
Why do you want to board the ceiling if it is not heated or insulated :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back