Enclosing oil fired boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right. I have a gert oil fired boiler in my kitchen and am planning a kitchen extension and total revamp. It s floor standing and far to big to sit in any cabinet so I am going to have to build a small boiler cupboard/room around it. Flue going out and has air system coming in directly.

Is there any regs on spaces around an oil fired boiler ?

I have looked at the literature and it mentions vents but not surrounding spacing.

Its a Grant Multipass by the way.

Cheers

B

Sponsored Links
You need to comply with the manufacturers instructions and building regs. Both available on the web.

If building an extension and you have space then build the boiler cupboard outside. That way you will get rid of both the noise and smell of from the boiler from your kitchen. Don't forget frost protection if you do.

Cheers Tipper. The boiler is staying where it is and just being boxed in. The extension is purely an extension to living space in the kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back