End feed brass manifold

11 Jan 2011
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Might be using a couple of these https://www.bes.co.uk/2-way-end-feed-brass-manifold-22mm-x-8mm-7387 tomorrow if I can find them locally.

Just to check, I solder the fitting onto 22mm pipe as though it was a stop end and heat the manifold and apply solder to the microbore pipes where they enter?

Bonus manifold questions:

On a bigger manifold, If one side is flow and the other return, how are the pipes at the bottom configured?
Sponsored Links
Since no one else has replied I'll have a go

.It not clear from your description exactly your plan but you normally solder all connections at pretty much the same time. If that's just a huge lump of brass it's going to need a lot of heat on the fitting.
It's possible that the 22mm end goes inside a 22mm fitting, so prepare for that.
Don't use 8mm copper microbore, it can be a nightmare waiting to happen for CH. It's not really used any more for a reason, 10mm is now usually the smallest for central. The fittings are used as any normal end feed. It's usually one manifold for flow and one for return.
as already advised dont do it,and as you asked you need seperate manifolds forflow and return
Sponsored Links
Some things described as manifolds, ones that are sold for ufh with flow regulators and actuatoractuat stems are actually twin manifolds. Normally you'd just pipe up the feed and return for each circuit in the corresponding location. Not sure if that's what the op meant.
They are very much more expensive than a lump of brass though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local