End mills

• Thread starter Bodgeit and scarper ltd
  • Start date
B

Bodgeit and scarper ltd

I am about to buy some end mills off e-bay. What makes are good and what should I avoid? Just want them for occasional use.

Sponsored Links
A lot of the imported ones are not that good, for best I use Dormer ones but they are quite expensive. I get them from J&L though not all the dormer stuff is listed in the catalogue, look at the virtual catalogue as its easier to follow

I have bought some from hong kong, same guy that sells the diamond coated hole saws that I us efor work, he only has a limited range of sizes but its worth getting a few for general use as they are so cheap. He also sells on e-bay. They are better than some of the imported ones that I have bought from the model engineering suppliers

Slot drills are also worth getting as you can plunge cut with these unlike end mills which have to enter from the end of the slot.

Did you get your lathe in the end? if so, what are you upto with it?

Jason

Thanks Jason I will stick with the dormer then. I was wondering about slot drills, I will get some.
Lathe is going fine just use it for odd jobs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back