Endurance - painting over with matt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok....she wants a white room...so I think i'll buy endurance for the walls.

She then wants a feature wall (Sapphire salute).

I'm reading into whether to ditch this endurance stuff for trade diamond matt now...however when reading about this one I've come across people with issues with painting over endurance with matt.

Is this going to be a complete bitch to paint over with emulsion seeing as its design to repel.

Sponsored Links
Unlike the Trade Version (Diamond Matt), I'm not sure the Endurance version has a data sheet.

This is the data sheet for the Diamond Matt: http://30c2767b0bd5dcf2ed1b-bbdc079...kcdn.com/tds/dulux-trade-diamond-matt-tds.pdf

This only mentions the following:
  1. When overcoating areas previously painted with solvent-based paints, a first coat of Dulux Trade Diamond Eggshell should be used.
However, to be sure, perhaps its worth giving Dulux a call (you'd hope that they'd be helpful, given that both paints are manufactured by them!)

I have done a bit of reading and Zinsser Gardz seems to do a trick for a lot of people.

I will ring dulux though as you say.

I will be taking this endurance stuff back and swapping for diamond matt for the next job (hall/landing).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back