Energy Meter use or ornament?

I think the person who fills a cup with water and pours it into the kettle and boils just one cup of water is rare.
That's because it is rare for people to actually &^%"%"&*@# THINK.

Maybe using the cup/mug as a measure is a bit extreme, after the first few times, until you've learnt to estimate where the water should cone to.

I always re-fill the kettle after use so it is not switched on dry
Do you really do have people in your house unable to think to check before turning it on?

so in the main boiling the kettle means at least 4 cups of water are boiled
Sorry, Eric, but that is barking mad.

the micro wave is not used to make coffee but to re-heat coffee already made
I'm not a coffee drinker, but I know that if you do that with tea it tastes horrible.

Sponsored Links
I agree.

Fortunately we don't have people here who would turn a kettle on without wondering if it has water in it. I do turn it off at the socket when not in use to stop it being turned on accidentally.

Sponsored Links
[QUOTE="ericmark, post: 3607113, member: 75698"

I also compared the kettle to the hob, could not test hob with energy meter had to accept the rating declared my daughter demonstrated how much quicker the electric kettle was to using her gas hob, I was rather surprised that a 2.8kW kettle could beat a 5.5kW gas hob. [/QUOTE]

Even so it is probably cheaper to use the gas hob as gas costs around a third of the cost of electricity.

Fortunately we don't have people here who would turn a kettle on without wondering if it has water in it. I do turn it off at the socket when not in use to stop it being turned on accidentally.

You've just berated eric for putting water in his kettle to prevent boiling it dry.

Now you admit switching yours off at the socket to "stop it being turned on accidentally"......

If folk at your gaff check before switching the kettle on, why turn it off at the socket? o_O

Now you admit switching yours off at the socket to "stop it being turned on accidentally"......
Yes - and I meant what I said - accidentally.

Not "on purpose without checking".

If folk at your gaff check before switching the kettle on, why turn it off at the socket? o_O
Because it sits on a work surface, it has quite a light switch, and if it gets moved, or something gets pushed against it, it can get turned on by accident.

What's you address BAS? I need to send you my wife for training.
Think most of us have the same problem. Why can't you put the cloths on the line outside it's a lovely day gets the answer yes it's a lovely day and I'm not wasting it hanging out cloths, you can if you want, but then they will need washing again, you feed the *** birds to take pictures of them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back