Enforcer question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey y'all

Really happy with my enforcer thus far but I'm a little thrown by what to set the PIRs to function as I'd like them to.

My keypad is the front room, in a hidden location :sneaky:

The ones I'm not sure about are;

2x PIRs (Hallway and Front Room) - set as "Exit Route"
1x Magentic Sensor (Front Door) - set as "Final Exit"

I'm using A (full set - leaving the house) B (bedtime)

Using A:

Once I type in the code and hit SET. I have to pass Front Room PIR and then Hallway PIR and opening and closing the front door sets the alarm. Whilst I'm out, I'd like any movement on those PIR sensors to immediately alarm on any detection inside the house.

Using B:

Coming from upstairs, I have to pass the Hallway PIR and then Front Room PIR to unset the alarm. As soon as I hit the Hallway PIR, I'd like the countdown to start and the Front Room PIR to ignore / allow the countdown to continue until I can unset it. Any opening of the Front Door in this situation should set off the alarm immediately.

Am I dreaming here or is this wizardry possible?

Any advice is much appreciated (y)

Sorry - one separate question, is there a way to put an input in "maintenance mode"? Despite the alarm being unset, tampering with any of the inputs sets of an alarm.

Danny

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Program the hallway and front room as ER (entry route)
This will start the entry timer when you part set the alarm at night time
ER will cause a full alarm condition when triggered without the final entry being started.If final entry device started i.e.,front door opened then ER circuits will allow you to walk through that device.
Zones programmed as ER will start entry timer in part set
Enter the engineer code and that will put alarm in maintenance mode

Sponsored Links
Thanks for everyone's help so far, I've got another question :(
I've noticed that when I set B (Night Mode) none of the PIRs set the countdown timer like they do on A, despite being assigned to that letter. The only sensor that starts the countdown / alarm is the magnetic sensor on the front door. Am I doing something wrong? (well, clearly I am :confused:)

1. PIR upstairs (A only) Intruder
2. Door Contact (A,B) Final Exit
3. PIR Front Room ER FX (A,B)
4. PIR Hallway ER FX (A,B)

At night I set B from the App in bed generally....
So I walk down the stairs in the morning (upstairs PIR isn't armed) so no reaction. I pass the hallway PIR and then the front room PIR and then I get to the keypad. I could walk around downstairs all day without the alarm triggering, it will only react if the front door opens.

Any clues? Thanks!

Regards,

Danny

Do the detectors work on walk test?

In CHANGE INPUTS > Input xx > Input areas - Any or All?

Can you set B with a code/tag instead of the app and does it react the same way?

Do the detectors work on walk test?

In CHANGE INPUTS > Input xx > Input areas - Any or All?

Can you set B with a code/tag instead of the app and does it react the same way?

Hi there,

Thanks for replying. Just had a chance to check...

The dectectors work on a walk test for zone "B". It mentioned all 3 and it chimed during the walk test and completed.

Input areas a set to "ALL"

I set the alarm via the keypad, went upstairs as though I was going to bed. Once set, I came down and neither sensor tripped the alarm or timer. When I look at the keypad it just says "Night Set" and B is illuminated in RED.

Thanks again

When you set at keypad, does it say set area A then you select B and then I guess you see the countdown on the display followed afterwards by a two tone bleep?

I take it these sensors trigger a full alarm when A is set?

If all this is correct then I can only guess that some other attribute has been enabled which is making it perform this way. I would suggest clean starting the panel (enter 2000 when prompted) then start again and program the basics first & test. Out of the box the system should work as you expect once the detectors are learnt & inputs are configured.

When you set at keypad, does it say set area A then you select B and then I guess you see the countdown on the display followed afterwards by a two tone bleep?

I take it these sensors trigger a full alarm when A is set?

If all this is correct then I can only guess that some other attribute has been enabled which is making it perform this way. I would suggest clean starting the panel (enter 2000 when prompted) then start again and program the basics first & test. Out of the box the system should work as you expect once the detectors are learnt & inputs are configured.

Yes, that's exactly what happens.
Well at least I'm not being a complete moron :giggle:. I'll clean start it, now I know the system better, it won't take me long. Thanks for your advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back