Engine not starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Car stopped working other day cos water had froze. Its now thawed out, i've topped up with antifreeze and bought a new battery.
There was lots of water got into chambers were plug leads go onto plugs, but i've dried that out now, removed plugs, checked there are firing ok, which they are.
Engine will not start though. :(
Its cranking over ok.
It sounds like it wants to, but does not.
What else can i try, wot could it be???

Sponsored Links
ml1936
This appears to be the third time you have started a request for help for the same problem. If you ask for help then you must answer /respond to questions put to you by people trying to help,and stay with one thread.you will get all the help you require but you must play your part,it's difficult enough without being able to see the engine and then finding bits of info.about your car spread all over the forum posts.

I think you must now:- 1) have the timing checked/reset
2) do a compression test on all cylinders

You may find a Haynes workshop manual will help you understand what could have happened due to freezing and how to check,find and rectify any damage caused.

;)

If it froze and you got alot of water in the bores, then you better start looking for another engine or get ready to strip that one right down.

Sponsored Links
sounds like the engines flooded to me try putting full throttle on and hold it there when you crank the engine and keep it cranking for about 20-30 secs max.

Back