Engineered flooring - Click system or T&G

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am looking to get some flooring soon and dont know whether to go for the click system offered by some manufacturers or to go with T&G.

The floor will be a floating floor.

Any benefits of one over the other???

Thanks

Sponsored Links
More benefits of going for a normal T&G floor than any click-systems, specially in smaller long areas with doors at both sides.

Make sure you glue the T&G's correctly, that's all. It will be easier than all those 'easy' click-systems.

Thanks for that

what makes it better to go for T&G??

Is it possible to cut out the skirting boards as well and slip the t&g underneath them to hide it??

I have a number of the walls without skirting at the moment, but some still have skirting on them

Many thanks

Thanks for that

what makes it better to go for T&G??
The easiness of fitting all boards without having walls, doorposts, fireplaces preventing you to make that angle needed with a click system.

Best is always to remove all skirtingboard when you plan to use them to cover the expansion gap to make sure that gap is the same everywhere.

Sponsored Links
So let me get this right:

take all skirting off first.
Use t&g and glue all edges

Will this be ok for a floating floor on floor boards and concrete?

Will I be able to replace a board at a later date?

Many thanks for your help

You have to use a suitable underlayment (one that contains a DPM when installing on concrete).

You can replace a board in the future when you are carefully. On the new board the bottom groove will have to be cut off and a weight has to be placed on it for a time to make sure it bonds correctly with the neighbouring boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back