Engineered flooring problem gaps between joints urgent advice needed!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all! I have this floor which I have installed myself. The problem is that it has quite huge gaps between boards (it goes into slots but is not secured by a click system as most floors). Now I'm trying to get my money back and the path floor sellers are routing me through is to have full independent floor inspection which potentially could cost me about 420 pounds: ''The only possible way for you to have your flooring lifted up and replaced would be to have a full impartial independent inspection. The cost of this would be about £350 +vat (which would be refunded if the independent inspection showed a manufacturing fault).'' Manufacturers inspectors were at our house and found some installation mistakes, three end joints which should never be installed that closely, some uneven floor in some places. But they never addressed gaps problem. Is there any chance that independent inspector will rule in our favour please? Can these gaps be named as manufacturing fault?

I would really appreciate your advice guys!!!

Link to floor video

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I don't understand why you didn't notice you were leaving those gaps while you were fitting the floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back