Engineered wood bowed on arrival

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've taken delivery of some engineered wood, which is now acclimatising in my living room. I opened one of the packs and noticed that the boards were all slightly bowed. If I put one right side up on a flat surface, the centre is raised about 12mm higher than the ends. The boards are 190x1860x21mm and I'm planning to use them in a floating installation over fibreboard underlay in a room about 16 metres square.

I phoned the supplier who told me not to worry: once the boards are assembled in an offset fashion with the tongue and groove joints glued together, the staggered arrangement and the cumulative weight will hold everything down.

Does anyone have experience of this and can tell me if the supplier's advice is correct? Or am I going to run into problems if I install these planks? So far, I haven't opened the other packs in case it affects a return, but as they're all from the same batch, it seems likely that they'll be similarly affected.

The wood looks fine in other respects. My main concern is that I'm going to end up with a large oak trampoline in my living room.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back