laying wood flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've just bought some tongue and groove wood flooring which I intend to leave in the room for a week before I lay it for it to a climatise to it is enviroment.
The wood is from f2g and is made up of different size planks. On reading the paper that comes with it it says nothing about having to leave it the room before fitting but just says don't open the packs until ready to lay.

Questions

1 Do all would floors need to climatise to the rooms enviroment? The boards seem to be highly lacquered on the top but also appear to be sealed all round to a lower thickness of lacquer.

2 It says don't open the pack before you are ready does this mean just for storage I intend to lay it next weekend should I open the boxes now and remove the cellophane wapper to expose it to the humidity of the room as well as the temp? i guess it is the humidity that makes the boards expand.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
thanks for getting back
their in a plastic wrapper in the box so humidity will not get to them leave them in the box and wrapper till the day i fit?
also i've bought evo-stik weatherproof wood adhesive not that it will be in a wet enviroment i used this in a hall way before and was fine would you recommend it or not ?says its a resin
cheers

Sponsored Links
If you are laying the boards over joists then hire a couple of floorboard clamps. You'll get a very tight fitting floor regardless of the timber.

joe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back