engineered wood floor advice please....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys
I intend to lay a floating engineered wood floor to my lounge and hall.

I would like to run the boards lengthways through the ajoining door without a break at the threshhold. However this would mean a run of 8.75 meters.

I have tried to research this, and the general thinking appears to be that 8 meters is the max.

What does everybody else think?

Thanks in advance..... Jack

Sponsored Links
Gals alright too?

Length ways is normally not a problem, my concern is the width from the hallway, say 1 meter, going into the lounge, say 3 - 4 meters wide, specially when the door is located in the middle of the room.
The boards laying partly in the hall will have to cope with two different climates: colder in the hall and warmer, dryer in the lounge.

We normally (especially where hallways are concerned) install rooms as separate areas and install thresholds in between.

Sorry, yes gals are fine, no intention to offend..

Thanks for your help, but you will have to talk to me s l o w l y.

Why is the width an issue but not the length?

Does the wood expand/contract more in one direction than another?

As for your other point, the lounge door is at the end of the lounge, but right in one corner.

I had not considered the different climate in each room, so will break at that point if that is best.

Thanks for your input.[/img]

Why is the width an issue but not the length?

Does the wood expand/contract more in one direction than another?
R i g h t - i n - o n e ;)

The structure of the wood (grain etc) reacts indeed more in the width than it does in the length.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back