Engineered wood floors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to replace my floor covering which covers the entire ground floor. My house is a 1980's "box" with quarry tiles laid directly onto interlocking boards and which are then nailed to joists.

The layout and issues with dirt prevent laying carpet, but my problem is this.

The floor is a suspended floor which will move. The height of the boards to the floor surface is 18 - 20mm which leaves very little height to include insulation or ensure a level surface to a connecting extension which has a concrete floor. (the level is doubly important because the extension doors open out into the area over the quarry tiles).

Can anyone recommend a hard wearing floor covering which will deal with the problem of floor height or should I take up all the boards and lower the height of the supporting joists?

That option seems overkill to me but I would welcome the experience of other forum users.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Use 15mm wood-engineered ontop of 3mm suitable underlayment - plenty of choices around.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back