Engineered wood up to natural stone-wall.

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello

Grateful for your opinions on my query.

My barn has natural stone walls and I was considering putting a skirting board on wall to hide necessary expansion gap - say 12- 15 mm each side for 6 m width.

Unfortunately a test-board ( see pics) shows this is not nearly as attractive as I had hoped because of the gaps caused by stone.

I could leave out the skirting and undercut the wall with an angle-grinder to allow for expansion, however this would likely mean cutting the longitudinal tongue off the penultimate board so I could fit them together after sliding board under wall.

Since the board will be rather close to the wall ( joint at max 150 mm ) and will not get a lot of traffic, do you see this as a problem.

Boards will be glued with flexible adhesive.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hello

Grateful for your opinions on my query.

My barn has natural stone walls and I was considering putting a skirting board on wall to hide necessary expansion gap - say 12- 15 mm each side for 6 m width.

Unfortunately a test-board ( see pics) shows this is not nearly as attractive as I had hoped because of the gaps caused by stone.

I could leave out the skirting and undercut the wall with an angle-grinder to allow for expansion, however this would likely mean cutting the longitudinal tongue off the penultimate board so I could fit them together after sliding board under wall.

Since the board will be rather close to the wall ( joint at max 150 mm ) and will not get a lot of traffic, do you see this as a problem.

Boards will be glued with flexible adhesive.

Thanks

Haven't we discussed this already? ;) Fill gap between skirting and wall with lime mortar to blend in with the wall is my current thinking on the matter.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back