separate glued T&G oak floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,a couple of years ago i layed a floating 18mm oak floor with glued together tongue and grooves.i left the boards to climatise for 2 weeks and left a 12mm expansion gap all round.my skirting boards are 15mm so covered the gap.on one side of the room(where the door is the floor shrunk by around 10mm leaving a gap showing by the skirting and architrave.i covered the gap with trim but it annoys me when i look at it.what i would like to do is remove the 1st row of boards and replace them (they were cut so could be replaced with wider ones) but i dont know if i will be able to separate them as they have been glued or will i end up just damaging the floor.any advice would be appreciated,thanks

Sponsored Links
5 % chance off success if your glue was several years old completley shot and gives up first :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back