ENGINEERS OUT THERE PLS HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:57 pm Post Subject: Really Frustrated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,
I called Heat team this morning and they said that they could only send out an engineer on Thursday but because I have a baby in the house I decided to call a local company that said they would send someone out in an hour at 38 pounds /half hour which i said was ok thinking that it would just be a small job. Having looked at the boiler he said that there were two problems and would need new parts that will cost 248 pounds plus i will have to pay labour at the above rate. Anyway to cut the long story short i paid 558 pounds this morning. Boiler worked for about an hour and burner went off again. I called him back again, he had a look at it and said it was working ok but if burner went off again, i should turn off main switch and put it on again and the burner should light up BUT he thinks that i may need a new ignition pad and will need to get the boiler fully serviced. He left....15 minutes later the burner went off again. I have called the company back and they say that he will be back again tonight but Im so frustrated. I have paid almost 600 pounds to fix a boiler but its still faulty.....does anyone have any ideas on what I can do? I feel that Im being scammed here! I feel I should have just waited for Heat team to come on Thursday...that would have just cost me £250 rather than £580...pls help any ideas??

Sponsored Links
starfish, you're not helping yourself or anyone else by posting multiple threads. It just confuses everyone. Please post under the existing thread.

AT £600 for a repair that isnt yet done id be thinking, get my money back and put the money towards a)some fan heaters and b) a new boiler....Baxi do a 5 year warrenty now.

Sponsored Links
considering that they bought parts that havent made a difference to the problem, am I able to ask for a refund?

I have a principle, if I charge for doing a job, and it's one of those iffy jobs like yours, then mostly I have to fix it for no more money. If I think it isn't fixed, I don't charge till it's fixed.

Tell the firm they have taken payment, and they could fix it properly. If they don't, inform trading standards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back