Enlarging 16yr old Pyronix Paragon System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Can you help? I have a wired system with 6 pir s and a couple of panic buttons. we have had and extension so need to add in a couple more and put door contacts on 3 rear doors.

One option would be to add in a wireless system with the control panel next to the existing one. unfortunately I need to try and avoid running cables so need to put the extras in wirelessly.

a friend suggested doing away with the existing Pyronix paragon panel and upgrading with a new panel that can take some wireless inputs.

can anyone suggest such a panel or would you guys suggest something like a stand alone Enforcer panel.....

thanks.....Del Boy....
ps DIY ability not bad and patience good fitted my own Pyronix system in last house. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You would be better with a hybrid system such a texecom ricochet or scantronic other brands available.... Your paragon is full for a start, not made anymore and it won't be long before you will have issues with the keypad.

You have a few choices

1. Replace the system for something new, have to remember tat not allmanufacturers support diy installations

2. Some manufacturers have wireless recievers that can wire into zones so you can cross over from wireless to a hard wired zone on any panel.

For example Richochet expansion module can do upto 8 zones there are limitations ie you cant put on the MT2 stuff or the smart key at present.

As your system is full then better of going for a new system as doubling up zones etc can be very messy.

Thanks sparky markka
That's great I'll look for texecom panels
I'll be fitting it in same location so will just need to work out what incoming wire is what.
I ll make sure my new pir s are texecom. Presumably the old Pyronix wired pirs can be re used?
Derek

Sponsored Links
Thanks All

So I have focussed on Texecom Ricochet prob the 48 as I can add in a feature that will text me.

As I currently have 6 wired PIR's and the Texecom panels have the facility for only 4 wired......

Can I do this-

Wired 1-Panic Button next to wife in bedroom

Wired 2-Hall
Wired 3- lounge
Wired 4-Kitchen

I have a landing PIR Can I put that on the same zone as say the kitchen -I.e. wire into the same terminals on the panel -in other words 2 pir's on the same zone where you would go in the night.

I guess fundamentally what I'm asking is can I piggy back 2 PIR's on the same wired terminals -I am sure I did this 16 yrs ago when I fitted my first Pyronix system.

Thanks

Derek :confused:

Just get a zone expander for the panel, and then you can keep each detector on it's own zone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back