Alarm recomendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thnking of replacing my wireless with a wired system..or at least run the wires in for it as I'm having some building work done

Any recomendations on :

ADE
Texecom
Pyronix

I want nothing too flash but certainly remote keypads, min 4 zones, part set...

Also previously I've had a system that didn't need a code to arm it....which is great if we get a cleaner again..as she doesn't need to have the code. - do these ones still exist?

<<Edit just spotted I have a brand new Pyronix Paragon RKPII keypad which I suspect I bought to add to the system I was mentioning above...can you still use these?>>>>

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Personally I like texecom, and their systems can be configured for single button setting. They are also supplied with very clear instructions to help a novice installer.

I have very little experiance of pyronix, so can't advise about your keypad, but I'm sure one of the other guys on here will be able to help.

yea texecom :D

R8+

ive been looking after over 2000 of them for the past 3-4 years now, top class performance.

ADE: usually cheap crap.

Texecom: depends which panel. The Premiers are actually pretty good. The Veritas is reasonable if looked after but you can get a much better system for not much more money.

Pyronix: panels are terrible.

Sponsored Links
Id agree that the old ADE stuff wasnt great but far from the worst. But since honeywell has owned them we get less Accenta's/Optimas back than veritas's.

Personally I like texecom, and their systems can be configured for single button setting. They are also supplied with very clear instructions to help a novice installer.

I have very little experiance of pyronix, so can't advise about your keypad, but I'm sure one of the other guys on here will be able to help.

Does that include the R8 non plus model?

Yep :)

From the Veritas R8 (NOT R8+) installation manual

Option 3

veritassbs.jpg

Just to add...

I would recommend the R8+ over the R8 , as for the extra few quid you get 8 user codes , 250 event memory , you can add an LCD display later if required , comms interface if required ,plus all the features of the veritas R8.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back