Ensuite or nursery?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have 3 bed house I.ve been renovating. There's a large bathroom on the first floor and my original plan was to install an ensuite off the master attic bedroom. This would be small and pokey but my feeling was it would add value when we come to sell. The room was ensuite before but bathroom was in a bad way so gutted completely.

With a baby on the way I'm wondering whether to ditch the ensuite idea and convert to nursery. Obviously much less work involved but I'm wondering if anyone has experience of how either option may affect the value/sell ability further down he line.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Are you thinking of selling soon?

Could you prep for an en-suite (pipe work under floor, etc.) but use the room as a nursery. That would leave your options options for when the baby moves into his/her own room or you choose to sell.

yeah i'd wondered that. possibly selling within 18months so don't envisage baby moving out of nursery before then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back