ensuite pipework question ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been looking at a house to buy but need some advice on the ensuite.

Ground floor,KITCHEN,sink,dishwasher,washing machine all on the left hand side of the house.

First Floor,BATHROOM,sink,toilet,shower,bath all on left hand side of the house and directly above the kitchen.
Outside the property on the left you can see all the respective pipework as mentioned above for each item and all enter the water pipework correctly.

Ground floor,ENSUITE,sink,toilet,shower this is on the right hand side of the house,this is my issue as when you go to the outside wall there is no pipework at all coming out of the house for these facilities.
My question is does all the pipework then go under the house and meet up with the pipework on the left hand side ????
Estate agent was going to find out but never called me back.
Just thinking in the future if there is a blockage in the ensuite would all the kitchen floor need to be lifted to sort out the problem as i have never known this to be installed in such a way.

Please can you advise me.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Quite possible. If you have a blockage i can't see any reason to dig up the floor provided a manhole/rodding point is relatively near by.

Wouldn't have thought it was possible to run a soil pipe from one side of the house to the other un the the floor and get a good enough fall on it.

Run the basin/shower and/or flush the toilet, and have someone stand at the other side of the house at the visible stack, and it they hear water run through, then at least you know it does connect in somehow.

i agree with mark,i have seen this done on many houses and if the worse came to the worse with regards rodding you could always remove the toilet and rod it from there although that would be a last option to try,i would assume that there is a manhole close by which should make rodding handy,i wouldnt be worried about it though as it is not that uncommon to be done this way,hope this helps

Sponsored Links
we viewed the house on holiday and now back home 100 miles away.
Did not seem a good idea to do the pipework that way.
I thought i would ask here.
Definately no pipework on the right hand side of the house.
Can do the above suggestion as now back home

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back