Ensuite water heating options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have a Valliant Turbomax Pro 837e which I know is a very capable combi boiler, however it is a good distance away fronm our new ensuite. It takes long enough to get hot water to our main bathroom which is only a short distance away, so my mind is towards looking at another option for hot water to the ensuite. It'll need to feed a decent shower and a basin.

I am thinking of a second smaller hot water only boiler, assuming such a thing exists. I had assumed it would be gas-fired, so am upgrading the incoming gas main to 28mm. We do have Solar-PV, though this wouldn't be too helpful with running an electric heater because our needs will be out of the range of the operating time of the PV.

Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Could a separate zone be added to heat a cylinder (unvented), as far as the combi is concerned its another heating zone. Or, perhaps an electrickery heated UV cylinder to feed the hot-water draw off points.

I do hope that you deem yourself 'competent' to size/install your new pipework, and are able to properly test for pressure losses as well as 'escapes'. ( I also hope that for the sake of your family & neighbours your insurance company would pay out in case of 'negligence')

DH

Dreadnought,

As far as the gas pipework goes, I am doing the 'donkey work' only. The work will be completed, fully checked and signed off by a Gas Safe engineer. I do value my life and that of my family! Thanks for your concern.

I'd be interested to explore your suggestion, I have to confess, in this case, to being a little out of my depth. Thanks all the same.

Any further suggestions appreciated. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back