epoxy floor tile grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have grouted my new tiled floor with this epoxy floor tile grout and the excess wont come off can anyone help :cry:

Sponsored Links
Not good I'm afraid, what make is it?

Unfortunately the only way to remove this is with an aggressive chemical.

First port of call is the manufacturer, they usually know what disolves their product.

If that's no good try these people:-

http://www.extensive.co.uk/

thatks mudster i have started the process of scraping off the excess its gona take ages i have bought a epoxy grout cleaner but it only removes the haze thanks for the link i will try them. would you belive that bostick who make this nasty stuff dont make a remover all they could say was to use nitro mors or a blow torch!! why make a product as nasty as this without a removal solution :?:

The nastiness of the product is the very thing that makes it good.

It's designed for use in areas where high chemical resistance is required or where high levels of hygene are required.

It's a two pack chemical that isn't designed to be removed, there are chemicals available that will dissolve it, unfortunately they'll wreck everything around it too and are so dangerous you'd have trouble finding them.

Epoxy grouting is unpleasant, I've been tiling for 15 years and I still shy away from epoxy grouts if I can. It's a product you need to use regularly to be good at it, and I just don't use it with enough regularity.

Sponsored Links
I have always found that epoxy grouting a large area is best as atwo man operation,one applying and the other following after rubbing the joints and cleaning.
I always take a dollop onto a board and smear it out a bit and then use alarge filling knife to pick up a bead of it the apply it direct into the joint a little like pointing pushing it well in, that way most of the mess is only around the joints and not all over the tile. I would never spread it all over like regul;ar grouting.

I did spread it out like regular grouting and found that I could clean it off the tiles immediately with lots of clean cloth and cellulose thinners; once it has set, I think you're in trouble.

as said this stuff is the work of the Devil ....lol :)

its a nightmare to work with an you need to be well used to working with it ....

I liked using BAL EASYPOXY ....a nice product ..an easy to use

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back