Grouting question, help required pls..

• Thread starter carlosfandango1976
  • Start date
C

carlosfandango1976

Hi all, i've been reading previous posts on grouting. Just tried some b&q 2 part grout (assume it's epoxy.) Had no luck really as it was a pig to clean off the edges of the tiles after going over with the float. Basically it was that sticky i ended up pulling out that what I had already put in the gaps, also it went off really quick and I ended up raking all of it out wet as it looked like a dogs **se. Yet to try again.... :cry:

In other posts people have recommended using a powder grout mix, rather than the epoxy ready made stuff. Will this require further sealing to prevent it from discoloring? i.e with an acrylic sealer?? As i assume it's more porous..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Rob.T

Sponsored Links
What (TF) are you grouting?

Wall?

Floor?

Kitchen?

Bathroom?

Wet area?

Hi, sorry it's floor tiles that i'm grouting. The grout i've used from B&Q is evostick.

Regards

Rob

Sponsored Links
Assuming its on wood then you need a flexible grout, Something like BAL Superflex wide joint or BAL wide joint with AD1 additive both assuming you have about a 5mm space. No heed for epoxy really unless its in a commercial kitchen or changing room.

both of these will be harder to clean than a non flexible grout as the ingredient that makes them flexible dries quite quickly on the tile surface.

Jason

Jasonb
stole my answer but even with that epox it CAN be easy , just practice an trial an error ,

with normal grout ,

its a case of two buckets , 4 for diyer sponges , then one one bucket is clean the other dirty , 2 sponges in each

once the grout is in leave for a cuppa tea, at most 15 mins

get D bucket an wipe diagonelly across tiles , not along lines , again till about a yard of tiles are smeared , then C bucket wipe with sponges , an repeat ,

or just get one of these wunderbar babies ..'Karl Dahm' lol http://www.tradetiler.com/washboy1.htm

Thanks for all your help guys, all sorted now with the bal wide grout mix. Good job.
Rob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back