Epoxy grout??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I’ve just done my first tiling job - 70sq/m of Roman stone porcelain tiles and so far it’s looking top notch. Next up is the grout and with the cream/buff tile colour we want a pale colour. We are looking at cream/Jasmine colours. We are also aware that staining and dirt could be a big problem so, in an attempt to remove that risk, I have been looking into epoxy grout.
The question I have is does it look plasticky or shiny when dry? I really want to keep the stone/cement look of regular grout if I can.
Has anyone used it? How does it look in comparison?
Equally, is there a regular grout sealer that is so good that we don’t need to worry too much about staining/getting dirty?

All help gratefully received as always

Thanks
Mark

Sponsored Links
Anything epoxy is a pig to get off where you don't want it - grout no exception. You might prefer stained grout to tiles which are stained because the grout wouldn't come off...

Nozzle

No epoxy doesn’t look shiny, mine looks a tad gritty, as mentioned above, it’s a cow to get off... first and last time I will use it. :eek:

Our epoxy doesn't look shiny/pasticky, and I would definitely use it again. I used Fugalite bio on our tiled hallway. Third effort at tiling (first floor), so I'm definitely no experienced tiler, and did grouting myself so had to clean it quickly afterwards. Still didn't really have any issues and it is definitely more resilient than normal grout and is rock hard. I'd recommend having some epoxy grout remover to hand certainly for follow up the next day and removing any residue, and lot's of paper towel and cellulose sponges.

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

I’ve just done my first tiling job - 70sq/m of Roman stone porcelain tiles and so far it’s looking top notch. Next up is the grout and with the cream/buff tile colour we want a pale colour. We are looking at cream/Jasmine colours. We are also aware that staining and dirt could be a big problem so, in an attempt to remove that risk, I have been looking into epoxy grout.
The question I have is does it look plasticky or shiny when dry? I really want to keep the stone/cement look of regular grout if I can.
Has anyone used it? How does it look in comparison?
Equally, is there a regular grout sealer that is so good that we don’t need to worry too much about staining/getting dirty?

All help gratefully received as always

Thanks
Mark
You don’t mention floor or wall, floor tiles are best with grey grout as that’s the colour it usually ends up.

Thanks all. I bottled it and used Kerakoll grout and then 2-3 coats of Universeal’s Rapid All-in-one sealer on the grout only. Fingers crossed it’s stays as clean as possible!

(It was the floor)

Attachments

• 1B7AAC86-8532-43FF-A917-4498D1B23234.jpeg
    1B7AAC86-8532-43FF-A917-4498D1B23234.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 81

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back