Epoxy resin and nut allergies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I ordered some tubes of Oxera Rebuild Resin- 1 hour on Monday, delivered two days later (free delivery).

The product seems to be every bit as good as the Timbabuild 1 hour resin (but much cheaper).

Anywho, I was surprised to see a nut allergy warning on the product. It contains cashew nut oil.

I guess fair play to them for warning users but it left me wondering which other products have nut oils in them.

Many products in my local decorators' merchant have "professional" only stamps on them, I guess that is a way of getting out of having to have customer service phone numbers.

Sponsored Links
Technically cashew nuts are not nuts, they're a type of fruit.

/pedant mode off

Surely the definition of a nut is the edible, harder centre of a fruit which doesn't split open to reveal a single seed... yeah.... scrap that, I don't know what the correct definition is either.

I do know that peanuts are not nuts but are peas, and that sesame seeds are, erm, seeds.

So if you have a nut allergy, you can be allergic to some fruit too? Or just fruit which are nuts such as coconut, or is that a seed, so nut allergy includes seeds too?

Stick to araldite.

Sponsored Links
I ordered some tubes of Oxera Rebuild Resin- 1 hour on Monday, delivered two days later (free delivery).

The product seems to be every bit as good as the Timbabuild 1 hour resin (but much cheaper).

Anywho, I was surprised to see a nut allergy warning on the product. It contains cashew nut oil.

I guess fair play to them for warning users but it left me wondering which other products have nut oils in them.

Many products in my local decorators' merchant have "professional" only stamps on them, I guess that is a way of getting out of having to have customer service phone numbers.
Cheers for the link.

Did you buy their stabiliser as well?

Are you using as adhesive or are you using for rot/splicing in?

Cheers for the link.

Did you buy their stabiliser as well?

Are you using as adhesive or are you using for rot/splicing in?

I already had some of the Timbabuild epoxy wood hardener, along with 5 tubes of the Timbabuild 4 hour (the latter I got from someone on ebay for £18 each). The 1 hour was used for splicing and shallow face filling.

Oxera do the 4 hour as well, but it seems to be missing from their store.

In a decorating forum, I once read that the guys at Oxera used to work at Chemfix/TimbaBuild and have substituted some ingredients to get around IP issues. Not sure if that is true or not. They certainly seem to use the same supplier for tubes and bottles. Either way, I don't care. Their prices are vastly superior for a comparable product.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back