Epoxy resin on eggshell paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all.

A little question for the epoxy resin enthusiasts out there. We're just finishing our built in wardobe. The finish I want for the doors is high gloss, glass like very dark amber colour. So my plan is prep the mdf (primer, sand etc) and use a dark brown eggshell paint. Then pour epoxy resin.

Can anyone experience please let me know what they think. Is epoxy/eggshel combo safe and durable?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Sponsored Links
Can you not just use a high closer paint such as miranol?

I have worked with epoxy but I feel you would need to create a form for it to set around the door?

Thanks mate.

Well, I dont mind the resin self level and drip as much as it wants. I can always address that with a sander and then buff out. I just like how tough it is once set properly. Having said that, I have never heard of Miranol, so will look into that. Thanks for your input pal. Have a great Xmas!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back