Epson PictureMate 100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have inherited a non working Picture Mate from the clear out of a deceased relative's house .

It starts to power up but when the carriage motor starts to rotate the current taken from the power supply jumps up to well over 2 amps ( from a bench supply set to 20 volts ) and the Picture Mate shuts down.

If I could repair it then it would be a very useful portable printer.

It came with a large quantity of paper and I believe ink cartidges are still available.

Sponsored Links
These printers, like most inkjet printers, will often die when a belt slips, a motor fails or some other parts of the mechanical innards goes wrong.

They are simply not cost effective to repair - look on eBay and you will find them for £11 delivered in some cases.

I would suggest checking if the battery holds power, if you have spare ink and the right sort of paper for the printer and if so, order a replacement from eBay.

It isn't very environmentally friendly, but it beats throwing all the rest of it away.

I do not have any ink, just out of date cartridges which appear to be used. A couple of times the screen did show 7x faults relating to missing or invalid cartridges before it shut down.

No battery either,

As an engineer I see a repair attempt as a challenging project for the long winter nights

Sponsored Links
Back