Epson SX200 printer (3-in-one)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had call from daughter, away at college, that printer is not recognising genuine Epson cartridges. She had previously been using compatibles, but they started to give trouble, so tried genuine items.

I am at a loss as to what to advise her on this. Any advice on possible solutions to this problem would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
try uninstalling all of the software and deleting the printer from "devices and printers" restart and reinstall from the disk.

I have an SX600 and experienced this problem twice, the first time I wiped the contacts and re-installed the cartridge and all worked. The second time it was a faulty cartridge

Sponsored Links
An update here. Thank-you for your replies. Daughter now at home for the hols., so further look at printer trouble and her Macbook. I have re-installed the software, and cleaned all contacts thoroughly. It is now stating a 'Communications Error'. I have tried an Epson SX415 we also have, and that gives the same error message. Does anyone know if Macs are prone to trouble with Epsons, I am somewhat baffled? I have used both these 3-in-1's with ordinary PC's earlier and had little trouble. I feel a visit to PC World for another printer may be required, but wish to avoid if possible. Any further advice would be appreciated, thankyou.

jj4091, thankyou for the link, will keep for future reference. After a lot of puzzling over this matter, I bought a further set of real Epson inks yesterday, installed them in the SX415, and it seems OK now, printing from Macbook with no error messages. I can only conclude, the previous set of Epson inks had a fault in one of them. Notwithstanding, I reckon I shall buy HP printers in future, less trouble than Epson from my recent research.

Been using my Epson C62 for over 10 years with OM cartridges without a single glitch. It does get maintained properly though :)

jj4091, I reckon that cartridges for your C62 do not have chips in them, I think carts. all later Epson printers do, and seem prone to trouble. They may also tell you the ink is about to run out, when its still half-full. Also, if one colour has run out, they dont print at all. Really useful features!

The cartridges are in fact "chipped" or at least have some method of recognising non epson products & detecting ink levels. Perhaps their products just aren't as good as they used to be, like a lot of manufacturers. :(

Sponsored Links
Back