Equilibrium Ball valve and whole house pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Looking at fitting a salamander rp75tu whole house pump but in their specs it says all toilets must be fitted with an equilibrium ball valve.
I did Google it but wasn't sure if my rollers were ok.
Toilets I have were fitted new about 9 years ago, will they be ok with a 2 bar whole house pump?
Second question, I have tried to contact salamander for technical help but had no reply. I understand about positive and negative pumps. Everything connected to water in the house apart from kitchen mains cold is gravity fed. All outlets fall into the category of a positive pump because they are at least 600mm or more below the cold feed tank.
The only outlet that is questionable is an ensuite shower that has showerhead 750mm below feed tank but the pipework goes up and over in the loft only 300mm below cold feed tank.
So will I get away with the cheaper positive pump or will I need to buy the universal negative pump to be sure?
Suppliers don't seen to take back pumps once fitted so I don't want to get it wrong.
Like I said I tried to call salamander but no luck.
Thanks for reading
Kevin

Sponsored Links
Salamander suggest a negative head pump in this situation. A negative one will work where a positive one is required but not the other way round. Less risk then with a negative head one.

You can worry about the toilet valves later if required.

Actually I was looking at shower pumps. Is the whole house pump not suitable for both positive and negative head?

Sponsored Links
"The RP75 TU pump is a 2.0 bar twin universal centrifugal shower pump suitable for boosting water performance in a gravity fed negative head or positive head system."

What do your toilet fill valves look like? If they are old style with a long arm and a float about 4" big then they are not equilibrium valves. More modern type with short arm and small float or no arm with the float on the valve, then they are equilibrium valves.

Thanks, checked toilets and none have big ball they seem to have float on valve so hopefully they will be ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back