equipotential bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I have recently had a new combi boiler fitted. The problem i have is with the bonding. The old bonding on the old boiler was simply an earth cable running from the pipes to the earth terminal on the cooker outlet, which i know is not acceptable. The boiler is in the kitchen and no where near the main earth terminal with no easy path back. The pipes coming out of the boiler are copper but as soon as they go under ground they join straight to plastic. Could any one offer me some advice on how to bond this boiler safely and as per the regs. Also, the gas pipe heads in a totally different direction so cant use that.
I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Where do the water and gas services enter the property? are they bonded to current standards, its those that should be bonded (within 600mm of point of entry and before any branches), not the boiler ;)

so if the main inlet for water and gas are bonded, i dont need to do any additional bonding on the boiler?

Sponsored Links
No.

And if they are not bonded where they enter the property then you need to sort that out properly, not bond the boiler pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back