Equivalent of "rad-weld" for basin waste?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I can hear a slow drip coming from hidden waste pipes from my bathroom basin waste. I'm loathed to have to cut into the tiled wall to gain access; is there some sort of automotive "rad-weld" type equivalent to stop a slight leak like this?

I realise this is not a pressurised closed system like a car, but I'm hoping maybe there's some new age invention that I can pour down the basin to "fill" the leak? Wishful thinking perhaps?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Wishful thinkin i think! I dont know of a product, if there iswold you really wat to dollop a gluey mixture down the drain? Asking for trouble if you do!

cut into the tiled wall to gain access

Are you sure there isn't a concealed access panel of some sort? Poke all the grouting and see if any is actually silicone. I once broke into a void and the access panel that I had failed to notice was very obvious from the inside...

Sponsored Links
Yes there is an access panel (I fitted it).

Oh well, looks like I'd better stop being lazy and get out the grout rake.

Thanks guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back