Erbauer DOUBLE-BEVEL SLIDING MITRE SAW Blade Slipping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
In the midsts of skirting board hell, my less than 12-month-old Erbaur started intermittently screeching like hell when I turned it on - high pitched. I was worried something has gotten up inside it but upon taking the blade out I noticed there were circular scratch markings around where the outer flange tightens up against the blade itself. I also notice it was tight as hell to get the blade clamp to release - I had to use the longest allen key I could find with my puny arms.

I reassembled and hoped for the best but alas, the same problem. I paid attention to the saw itself and could see when it screeched it would slow down. I thus deduce the clamp is not working correctly but is this common? Or should I just run back down to Screwfix and get it replaced? I had thought of getting a new blade also but this one is hardly worn.

Sponsored Links
It might be the bolt is bottoming out in the thread and thus not clamping correctly

Though as it's Screwfix it might just be easier to exchange it than spend time attempting to fix it

Rather than getting a replacement, ask for a refund, and then buy another immediately. That way you get another 12 month warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back