erbauer tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a carpenter that works on barn conversions and after using a mates erbauer plane i went straight out and replaced my old bosch one.

Its powerful, comfortable and most important accurate and easy to control.

I was always sceptical about this make due to the fact that you cant get them anywhere but screwfix, but if there plane is anything to go by, i wouldn't hesitate to buy other tools.

Sponsored Links
LOL

I'm convinced!

I'm going to buy two planes tonight (one for each hand) and the rest of the erbauer line at the weekend, to replace all my other tools which don't need replacing

Sponsored Links
I had one of there Jigsaws and the blade would not stay in the holder. Had it for a day and was sent back for a full refund with no problems.

I had an 18V Erbauer Drill, for a day.

The chuck was so wobbly that any hole you tried to drill ended up looking like a cloud.

I hate it when SF market their Erbauer tools for the trade. They are so not its unbelievable! Anyway saying that I do have one of their Mitre saws and for me its fine for rough chopping. I wouldnt touch any of their drills with a barge pole though, for the price you're better off spending LESS and buying Ryobi! ;)

I paid £118 for their 18v li-ion combi drill/driver with 1 hour charger and 2.6Ah battery.
I gott say its really good, drilled 30mm into a brick without problems.

Because i was impressed i bought their Biscuit jointer. :eek: What a pile of monkey carp that was. It went straight back and i bought one from Wickes that was on offer so i got it for £29.
It's been asbsolutely fine.

I think most makes have at least one tool that actually performs really well. Maybe i got Erbauers 'one' in the drill.

Aaahh erbauer. I really need to buy a sliding mitre saw and the erbauer one does look good for 150 sheets but i can't find any reviews on their gear. I really don't trust the reviews on screwfix, haha, they all sound suspiciously like the origional poster of this thread

i wouldnt go near erbauer stuff again

was using their metal cutting discs in my grinder and they snapped, splintered and totally fell apart!

total rubbish, if i hadnt been wearing goggles i could well have lost an eye!

As an update i bought an erbauer 10.8v li-ion impact driver. And as with the 18v drill i'm finding it fantastic, especially as the impact driver cost me £54.99 from screwfix.

It allowed me to remove and replace about 50 x 60mm flathead screws from loftboards in a single charge.

Of course it won't stand up to the other brands that cost double, but for performance/price it can't be faulted.

Had the cordless 14.4 drill/driver for about three years. Given it to an apprentice when I got my Makita, but it'd been fine - no wobbly chucks or spontaneously dying batteries.

The Makita is a whole new ball game though...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back