eRelax/vSmart Vaillant Heating Gateway - Cannot reach Server

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night the Vaillant App stopped working - cannot reach heating gateway - so wifi error.
Reset and re-added the Gateway to the wifi - confirmed I can see the gateway on the network (I can see it's IP talking to the router) so connected to the internet for sure.

As part of this process it also did a firmware update - no choice it just did it and I let it complete and reboot. Re-added to the wifi

The Problem:
Now getting different Error:
Unfortunately, we cannot reach our server at the moment. Please try again Later.

Thermostat also showing no connection to heating gateway display.

On the Application it shows the Thermostat not being connected, I've removed/replace batteries and brought it next to the heating gateway and restarted and it still does not connect.
The app also shows Gateway has No wifi signal (even though it is connected to wifi - I can see it on the router).

SO:
Are the vSmart servers having issues?
or
Is the heating Gateway broken?

Attachments

• IMG_3425.PNG
    IMG_3425.PNG
    70.9 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_3426.jpg
    IMG_3426.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_3427.jpg
    IMG_3427.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 204
Sponsored Links
I think they are updating servers, mine is all over the place today on a wired connection.

Sponsored Links
Glad you are sorted - I am having no end of issues...

My wireless thermostat has now lost connection to the heating gateway. It will not connect. I have replaced the batteries (the old one's were fine), but it will not pair. I cannot re-add the thermostat in the app as the application isn't working - on starting the erelax/vsmart app it starts at setup - which I go through the process by pressing heating gateway button untill it glows, add the gateway as an accessory. It starts the process then fails with Operation couldn't be completed Workflow.BlockError error 5) which I think is because there is not thermostat connected..

Vaillant tech support do not work on Sundays. Any suggestions appreciated - getting cold. :(

Reboot the gateway and or your router, leave the router off a few minutes to clear any cache if so. Mine's not the vsmart system by the way, its the VCF700 platform. I assume yours is a combi boiler?

Hi, I've rebooted router, wifi, gateway, left them off for a few mins etc. Its an Vaillant 835 Ecotec Pure with the Vaillant 0020197226 vSMART wireless programmer Combi Control Pack (if that helps!) - so yes a Combi

I'm looking to the future for when I get a new boiler. I would like to know more about this system. Is the boiler linked to Vaillant in some way, and if their sever goes down, you have no heat? Is there a manual override?

Hi, I've rebooted router, wifi, gateway, left them off for a few mins etc. Its an Vaillant 835 Ecotec Pure with the Vaillant 0020197226 vSMART wireless programmer Combi Control Pack (if that helps!) - so yes a Combi
I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your phone, I can't see it being Vaillant's end with servers still down, the thermostat pairs locally first I would guess as they are 686mhz radio to the receiver so that should give some control back.

Is there not an override button on the boiler to fire it up just for this eventuality? My Ideal Vogue has a manual override.

I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your phone, I can't see it being Vaillant's end with servers still down, the thermostat pairs locally first I would guess as they are 686mhz radio to the receiver so that should give some control back.
Thanks.. Done that too.. I think thermo or HGateway has failed.. waiting on Vaillant tech who are closed today.. might just buy another exact same and fit.

Thanks.. Done that too.. I think thermo or HGateway has failed.. waiting on Vaillant tech who are closed today.. might just buy another exact same and fit.
My mate that has vsmart says his is working so it must be your end somewhere.

Is there not an override button on the boiler to fire it up just for this eventuality? My Ideal Vogue has a manual override.
No - that only works if the thermostat is connected to the boiler/HG and it isn't, and that's really annoying

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back