Ethos Condensing Combi 54C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody heard of or had experience of?
I have been quoted some decent flow rates with this combi....25lpm @ 40C, 15lpm @60C

Sponsored Links
clf-gas
Have you come across them? Any knowledge around reliability or build quality etc?

Thanks
Andrew

Scrumpy136 said:
Anybody heard of or had experience of?
I have been quoted some decent flow rates with this combi....25lpm @ 40C, 15lpm @60C

How do those flow rates work then??? Surely the flow rate at a specific temperature is down to the cold inlet temperature.

Cant see how a manufactuer gets away with literature.

If all manufactuers are like that then im in the market.

I can produce a combi that does 40lpm at 6 degrees :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Ive no personal experience, but a mate of mine has fitted one and he was impressed,(but thats no guide really he's a city fan).

Have a look here..http://www.ethosboilers.co.uk/

Just look at the physics!

24 kW will give 9.3 li/min @ 35°C rise

48 kW will give 18.6 li/min @ ...........

54 kW will give a little more but NOT 40 li/min !!!!!!!

All I can say is that they are larger boilers at a cost.

My preference would be for two popular parallel boilers giving some redundancy.

Tony

I can't see how this works either. On the face of it they are extracting more heat than anyone else can get for a given energy input.

Curiously, the gas inlet is 15mm for the 54Kw unit.

And the HE looks very much like the Italian unit most other manufacturers use. The control panel looks like it came off a 6th form project - or possibly a Keston (OK, there's not much difference).

Does anyone know where these things are made? My money is on Italy. Couldn't find any mention of a warranty on the web site.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back