Euro 46 mini? 485/comms lost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Would you be able to help w/ a Euro 46 pls? It's been working fine but today internal alarm went off & now it's displaying "485/comms lost""please wait...", w/ an amber fault light. All I can do now is hold 'B' & get pixel test, or hold "D" & get request for 'Security code'. None of the codes I know do anything.
Is there anything I can do to fix this error & return the unit to its former working state?

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/members/sparkymarka.160405/#ixzz4vV5nx1O8

Sponsored Links
Keypad bus location on 46 IMG_1634.PNGIMG_1635.PNG

I got that fault after I had entred the keypad settings mode, once i clear it its fine, only happens when in that menu

Sponsored Links
I am so glad to hear that others have had this experience and that you've got out of it too.
How do you get out of that menu?
The alarm has stopped sounding but the message is still on the screen and the amber light on.

If its the only keypad, Press & hold D until display shows ‘enter security code’ enter 2000 and ensure the Address is set to 00 then press A. If this dont work you have a cable fault/disconnection. Is keypad powered from control panel or is there another power supply?

Wow! Fantastic! I am out. Kind of.
Now I have a left side amber light (alert) a middle red flashing light (tamper) and the display states "Alarm silenced 485 faults and "Alarm silenced Mains absent".
Excuse my lack of knowledge but this keypad is mounted on a hallway wall (solid). Behind the wall is a walk in coat cupboard, with the fuse panel etc. The large metal box for the alarm is in there too, alongside the small grated speaker/bell/siren. Trunking runs from the back of the keypad to the metal box and then down to the floor BUT behind the large floor-mounted water softener. Does this help identify the power input? I cannot move the softener to follow the trunking further and we only moved in a few months ago, hence my problem with the alarm.

Press No & enter your normal user code or present keyfob if you have one, repeat a couple of times, should clear the fault & reset. Sounds like you’ve had a power cut & maybe the backup battery died.

In the very short time it took between our messages, the keypad just returned to normal: All messages gone and all lights out.
When I started to enter the normal code, the message "All faults cleared" popped up and now everything functions as normal :)
I can't thank you enough. You have been an amazing help. Thank you so much.
PS. RE the power: We get a lot of power cuts in our area at the moment, so that is almost certainly what caused the problem in the first place.
Thanks again.

The battery should be lasting around 7-9hours without electricity before parts to fail, if not you either have a duff/expired battery (change every 4years) or there is too much load on the system and therefore an additional power supply would need to be fitted to split the load and prolong standby time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back