Euro Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just had a problem with our back upvc door and after following other threads on here i found the cam on the euro cylinder has moved out of alignment.

I have sourced a new cam and the size i need to replace like for like is 40 x 50.

However, this size sticks out of the door by 5cm on the inside and 10 cm on the outside.

I read on here that when replacing get one that is flush with the door

By my reckoning this means that i should get a 35x40.

Is this correct or should i just stick to the original size?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Some finish flush some stick out by 5-10mm, your preference. Either way won't effect the performance

Sponsored Links
I believe the most secure locks at a reasonable price are ABS anti snap locks. As far as I know they are the only locks with a 3 star rating (I could be wrong).

You can get them on ebay for about £38

I believe the most secure locks at a reasonable price are ABS anti snap locks. As far as I know they are the only locks with a 3 star rating (I could be wrong).

You can get them on ebay for about £38
Advocet Eurocylinders are the best. I replaced my eurocylinders for a pair of keyed alike Advocet locks and they cost me just over £70.
I got them from the following site a few years ago. £32.99 delivered for the standard lock.

http://www.abloyshop.co.uk/avocet-abs-mk3-anti-snap-locks-13-c.asp

now that's a deliberately misleading website name.

Do you care to explain why?

A website address can mean anything or could mask or redirect from any site. Barnsley lock & safe have a real address and phone number which is far more than most on ebay give you. Payment can also be by paypal if your that worried so overall, everything is far more up front and real than the majority on ebay where your lucky if you get a mobile number.

because it is a merchant using the well known company name "Abloy" in the web page name, but it is not the Abloy company.

No deceit being perpetrated that I can see.

Then you don't see well.

David Cameron, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
10, Downing Street
London
SW1A 2AA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back