Euro Meridian code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
im working on alarm system over a week
story:
i moved to a shop last month which has Euro Meridian alarm system , it wasnt working at all, after i checked the wires i found that the previous tennant disconnected all the elec wires, i conncted all of them , and the keypad light up, but it says ( optix op 0***) the number is the contract number, when i press any key it ask me for code, but i dont have any code , i called the landlord he said he doesnt know , called optix said that i need new contract plus send somebody to fix it, , downloaded the eng manual but it didnt say any thing about how to reset the panel, there is a button in the panel written next to it (reset) i tried it , but nothing happen, just it restart the keypad , but the keypad still asking me for the code,
tried 9999 , 1111, 1234, etc non worked , i need 6 digits , pressed d and hold , it shows keypad code, put 2000 then i can access the keypad addressing .. langauge etc , but nothing more than that!!!
do i need to reset the keypad or the panel?
is the code stored in the panel or the keypad?
do i need to bye new panel or new keypad?
thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I'm not that familiar with Castle-Caretech alarms, but if you don't have a code or the tag/fob, you're going to need to crash the codes and/or panel and reprogram it.

I'd be guessing if I suggested holding the reset button in whilst powering up... :confused:

Maybe someone else knows more?

I'm not that familiar with Castle-Caretech alarms, but if you don't have a code or the tag/fob, you're going to need to crash the codes and/or panel and reprogram it.

I'd be guessing if I suggested holding the reset button in whilst powering up... :confused:

Maybe someone else knows more?
I'm not that familiar with Castle care-tech either, sorry.

I know a bit about Castle, but not a lot, so here goes...

Which type of castle panel is it? If you could post a picture of the keypad and endstation, that would be great.

How big is the shop? If it's got a euro mini say, then that's easy enough to programme, however if it's something like a euro 46 or euro one, then you might struggle

And as always, if they've locked the panel, then all this info plus the panel is garbage!

EDIT: just seen you've said it's a euro meridian. Still put a picture of the panel up and i'll see what I can find for you

Sponsored Links
EightyTwo
Europlex
josh451
thank you all for your reply
eightytwo i tried what you told me about holding the reset spring button while progrmming it but it didnt work , it gave something like comm error or something like that i dont remember , and i didnt understand you when you said crash the codes or crash the panel
europlex thank you anyway
josh451
http://s18.postimage.org/f5yphg355/20130301_175347_1.jpg
[img=http://s18.postimage.org/bz45xtip1/20130301_175347_1.jpg]

http://s11.postimage.org/qepzawr5v/20130301_175439_1.jpg

[img=http://s11.postimage.org/k10w7nm9r/20130301_175439_1.jpg]
thank you
do i need to replace the panel? hope i can get red of this stupid code
it says eur-1024k or something

called optix said that i need new contract plus send somebody to fix it,

Shop around maybe? In 16 years ive never come across a panel that has the engineer code locked so don't worry about the scare stories too much, YES im sure it does happen though. :rolleyes: Ask your neighbours/friends who have alarms, who services there's and if they are happy with that company then ask them for a quote . Sure beats picking random Joe from out the yellow pages.

Good thing(and bad in some respects) about Castle panels is you dont need to default anything to get engineer access, power up with X fuse out and link from blah to blah while holding down blah key for 30 seconds takes you straight into engineer mode. From the ones Ive done in the past Castle were quite easy.

Sadly I cant remember the exact procedure sorry. :p

Actually looking at the pictures the **** poor hacked up cheap adsl filter doesnt inspire me with greatest confidence either, also means it was more than likely on comms for police response and will need those options turning off if thats no longer required.

What im trying to say is, do it right and pay for someone to do it not pay for a cheap panel and do it yourself.

I'd like to know what is wrong with the ADSL filter, doesn't that make work or something? Looks like Excelsior or something.

I'd like to know what is wrong with the ADSL filter, doesn't that make work or something? Looks like Excelsior or something.

I do see that its installation leaves a lot to be desired though.

Nothing wrong with the make of the filter, its the fact its been hacked up and bodged to do a job. If they've hacked up something to save 2 quid who's to say what else theyve done to cut corners or save a little cash.

Not sure if you can tell but it's an inline filter meant for plugging into telephone sockets.

Nothing wrong with the make of the filter, its the fact its been hacked up and bodged to do a job. If they've hacked up something to save 2 quid who's to say what else theyve done to cut corners or save a little cash.

Not sure if you can tell but it's an inline filter meant for plugging into telephone sockets.
Yes, of course sorry, having a bad eye sight day to day. :)

One thing that I did notice though is the EMF strap is not in use.
Bet the lid A/T does not work either.

What's with the mains cables in the trunking outside the box adj. to the Transformer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back