euro-profile locks

Swapping the cylinder shouldn't require a locksmith - it is usually a case of unscrewing just one screw, measuring the old cylinder accurately and inserting the new cylinder in its place.

I have also heard that Chubb have a new range of cylinders that are meant to be very good.

Sponsored Links
I saw the Dutch TV video on "bumping" Eurocylinders, couple of seconds is all it takes. looks like it would work on any pin cylinder.

I've just bought some Abloys, hope they're better.

Londoner - That assumes the old cylinder was correctly fitted in the first place ;)

Regarding bumping - You need a key cut to the correct heights to achieve this, and it doesn't work on all cylinders. The Abloy ones you've bought are safe.[/quote]

Sponsored Links
cylinder2.jpg

The only way at the moment I know of is a Mul-T-Lock
The cylinder above is designed to break cleanly by using the shear-pin method so the door cannot open.
Thanks for the web page link it has been very useful as I needed to find a more secure lock. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back