Sourcing a good quality Euro lock

When I was involved in repair contracts for fire damaged properties, bizarrely I found that the fire service often did more damage than the fire.

Sponsored Links
When I was involved in repair contracts for fire damaged properties, bizarrely I found that the fire service often did more damage than the fire.
Cautious use of water when firefighting is a skill that some fire services took on board only fairly recently. And as far as damage when effecting entry was concerned, there was little more satisfying to the average firefighter than taking a sledgehammer to a recalcitrant door.

there was little more satisfying to the average firefighter than taking a sledgehammer to a recalcitrant door.
The "universal key", apparently.

In high-rise, the dry-riser doors on the floor of the fire plus above and below were a particular favourite for destruction - despite every vehicle having a set of keys.

Sponsored Links
The "universal key", apparently.

In high-rise, the dry-riser doors on the floor of the fire plus above and below were a particular favourite for destruction - despite every vehicle having a set of keys.
In the city where I worked, dry riser cupboards had usually been vandalised by persons unknown long before we arrived and there was no need for any further destruction if we needed to access the valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back