Lock security - Euro and Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a friend had his house entered by as the Police say, jimmying a lock to gain entry. His bunch of keys and car was taken, with certain papers etc.

He is my Daughters Ex. and still has a key to her house front door.

So as security, I changed the front door Euro lock with a higher grade with 'anti' this and 'anti' that etc.

As added security there are 4 other locks on outer doors, both Euro and Cylinder. As this is a costly replacement for all the locks for higher grade of lock with 'anti' whatever.

I have seen 'Pickbuster' mentioned as an alternative to replacing locks and lasts for 2yrs for anti-bumping.

Has anyone used or know of this product, or know of another method/substance to prevent anti-bumping without lock renewal.

thanks

Sponsored Links
I think there is more of a chance getting the cylinder snapped than bumped.

OK,

Would fitting a half euro lock be more secure and changing the door handles for blanks on outside, leaving locking to the inside.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hmm not sure. I think it might make it more difficult but never tried it. Fitting blank handles might make billy choose an easier target.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back