Key snapped off in lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
The key for my French doors has snapped of on the inside of the door. I have euro cylinder locks on. After trying with no success to remove the key I have decided to replace the lock. After doing a bit of research I have found that 3 star anti snap locks are the best in terms of security. Does anybody know anywhere I can get them as I plan to replace all my locks with anti snap type, a total of five locks. Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
you probably don't need a keyhole on the outside. With a plain plate or handle, this can reduce the opportunities for attack.

Thanks rsgaz. You recommend Avocet which look very good but also come with a hefty price of £40 per lock so it would cost about £200. But I suppose if that’s what it cost then that’s what it costs. One of my doors on the back, and two on the front of the house are each composite doors and without me checking do you know if they are likely to have anti snap locks on already?

I have managed to get the damaged barrel out like you said but unable to remove the key.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't write off all Ebay suppliers , there are a few very good ones that are more than reputable and are in the window door industry... Nigel Waters , JCplastics, trulypvc to name but three.....

One of my doors on the back, and two on the front of the house are each composite doors and without me checking do you know if they are likely to have anti snap locks on already?

Depends on manufacturer to be honest , and what was specified by the person who ordered the door. Some manufactures have gone over to use High security anti snap ,antibump cylinders, if my memory serves me correct Solidor , Ig Doors ( Truedor ) and possibly even Doorstop. your best bet is to remove each barrell and see if they have a ' sacrificial ' snap off piece ( usually about 15-20mm long and so that it would snap behind the handle but leave the rest of the barrel intact )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back