European Bricklayer.Is he correct.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A while ago I was helped by kind forum members about free standing brick wall pillar,for the sliding patio doors.I want to avoid serving party wall notice.

I have employed a european brick layer who has done quite a few jobs in the area,and have received lots of praise for the work.

He has suggested that for a free standing pillar,he is going to use 7nwt concrete blocks.These blocks will be laid flat with a 10mm mortar joint.He is going to go 1/2 metre deep for foundation.He will use wall ties to tie the block to the wall and render it outside.

Now I have never seen blocks laid flat.Is this the correct method.The pillar is 2.5 metre high and will only support the roof on ground floor.He will use 100x50 as wall plate on the outer edge of the block.Dont know what he intends to do with the projection of rest of the block,which will now be inside of room. :rolleyes: [/b]

Sponsored Links
Is that a question? It sounds like he has a plan, then let him get on with it as I do not want to hold his hand every brick of the way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back