Building off rear semi centre pillar on extension to rear

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently starting a new extension to the rear of my property which had plans passed in 2007, the drawings from the architect show the rear wall coming off the centre of the rear pillar to a depth of 3 metres from the house, as is normal for for semi detached properties, now since the planning was approved my neighbour has erected a conservatory who's wall commences within the pillar and not off the centre of the rear pillar, I have had talks tonight with him and he has informed me that I cannot come off the centre of the pillar as it would mean my tiles would overhang into his property, the roof is going to be sloping with guttering to the rear, is he correct or is the architect correct and what if any options do I have???

Sponsored Links
You cannot overhang the boundary by even 1mm with your roof overhang or guttering. That means your wall will need to be set back from the boundary to allow for any overhangs such as the the width of the eaves + the guttering. Your architect is wrong. Equally your neighbour should not have anything at all overhanging the boundary on your side either. You just have to set your wall back from the boundary to allow for any overhangs.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back