EUROSEC CP8L anti-tamper / rewire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an inherited EUROSEC CP8L.

Am redecorating and need to relocate /replace some sensors. I'm able to run new alarm cable although curious how to do connect it without setting the alarm off. I do have the installer code and the user code.

My only experience so far was when we moved in - there was a power cut and the alarm went off. Have since replaced the battery.

So:

Does the C8PL have any anti tamper alarm on the PIR sensors? Is there a procedure I need to follow to disconnect / relocate a sensor?

Do I need to power it down first? When there's no mains power, and, the battery is removed, the alarm goes off. I dont have easy access to the bell box...

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Put the panel in installing mode and this deactivates all tampers.
Remove the +12v on the panel PCB(this will cover down the PIR's).
Once you have connected/replaced the sensors put the 12v cables back, put panel lid back on, come out of installer mode and do a walk test.
Remember to keep the wiring colours the same at each end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back